We are living in a world that is having a change lots of the times. We are being seeing the effects of this changing in the every day all over the world, and it is not just being in one place at once and another place, and it is not just the thing about the culture, but the culture is being forced sometimes to catch up. If you are not fully sure what it is that I am talking about, let me explain:
Since I have been coming in this country, I am thinking that I have been finding out much about the English people, and that is not always easy, as being the English is not being a constant thing. For example you English are now much more likely to be considering yourselves English (rather than British) than you were being five years ago. To be honest I am not being entirely sure how this is working, because I am still in the process of understanding the English/Welsh/Scottish/North of Irish confusion, but I understand enough to know that the Scottish people are not liking it when you are calling them English for example. Anyway I have noticed some things that are being English (or British, I am still deciding which), and so when it had been announced in the last year that it was to be illegal to be smoking in places that are public, such as what you call public houses or ‘pubs’ when it is becoming July this year I was not being surprised, as you Great Britains are all ways very much worrying about your health. In a likewise manner I was not being surprised that as soon as the banning smoking was being announced, lots of you are all complaining and moaning like it is being a gigantic injustice, and I expect many English peoples who are smoking will be moaning about this and the weather while they are standing outside their public house smoking in the rain for many winter for many years to be coming.
So I am beginning to be understanding the temperament of the English and/or British peoples a bit better, but it would seem that in the time I am doing all of this I am losing touch with the temperament of my own peoples a little bit. For it is the France who is the first to be banning the smoking in the public, well in a way one of the ways – the cafes and restaurants are allowed to be waiting until the end of the year that we are just starting – but being never less, the smoking was banned in the public places of France from 1st February 2007. And what did my countrymen do? Nothing really, not a riot, not a sit in, not a protest smoking, nothing, what would Jean Paul Satre say? Well who knows, but he might even say that it’s not so bad really, it’s not being a repression of, or an imposition upon the great French people, because they have been willing it themselves, they have wanted this change, even most of the smokers are thinking it is being a good idea. So maybe there is not being a change in the temperament for my countrymen, maybe there is being a change in the attitudes of the Mankind, brought about by the understanding of the science and the concern for the being well of all of the people.
Friday, 16 March 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment